Santa Clara, CA
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic Product Manager to help us to define the future generations of our product. This is an invitation to take part in a team that is building a next generation platform for cloud automation. Building on our award winning solutions, solid sales, and strong VC backing, we are rapidly growing and expanding into new and exciting domains.
- Maximize the business value from the product
- Be the voice of our customers
- Be a product guru
In this role, you will:
Be the glue that binds customers, sales, marketing, engineering, and support to make sure the product is moving in the right direction. In this outbound position you will influence and understand the company’s strategy and prioritize initiatives and features according to the strategic product themes and business considerations. You will collect input and feedback from our customers, partners, sales people and field engineers and prioritize requirements according to business impact. You will work with Quali’s Technical Product and Engineering teams to ensure that our internal and external customers’ requirements are visible to them. You will continuously strive to understand the market direction and competitive landscape. You will consider the impact of each new product capability, end to end, and make sure that every product release takes us one step closer to where we want to be.
- Conduct onsite and remote sessions with customers, partners and internal sales and field (technical sales, delivery, support) to get input and feedback
- Help continuously define our value proposition, key differentiators, target market segments
- See the big picture and have a whole-product perspective. Understand how every new capability affects the product, licensing, pricing, documentation, marketing, demo, delivery, support etc.
- Have regular meetings with the Technical Product Manager(s) regarding the progress of features through the release cycle, and support the
- Technical Product Managers with obtaining required input from the field and customers
- Help the marketing team understand the value added by new product capabilities
- Help enable the field and sales people
- Join sales in customer and prospect meetings
- Participate in cross functional release planning
- Perform competitive analysis.
- Support the collaboration with other organizations – in the form of eco-systems, communities, ideas for OEMs/Reselling and anything that would add value
- Demos, POCs and training when needed
- Assist with qualification and answering RFIs
- Webinars, seminars, meetups, lectures and presentations, attending conferences
- 3-5 years of experience in any combination of product management, product marketing, QA or engineering.
- Prior experience with infrastructure or enterprise software, or community based open-source software
- Prior experience with technologies such as virtualization, cloud computing, devops, automation software or equivalent.
- Ability to write in a clear but conversational style.
- Excellent interpersonal and online communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working in a cross functional team environment.
- Hands on, passionate about learning and explaining new technologies
- Effective project, event and time management skills
- BS or MS degree
- Prior experience as a software engineer, support person, or QA person.
- Experience with knowledge sharing tools, such as Confluence
- Experience with support tools, such as tfs and zendesk
- Experience with CRM tools, such as Salesforce
- Experience working in an agile programming process
- Python programming experience
- SaaS product experience
- Team leader or manager experience