Quali, a provider of next generation orchestration and automation sandbox solutions that deliver agility, productivity and cost savings to datacenters, converged infrastructure, software defined networks and test labs, is seeking to fill 2 Sales Engineer positions for our Strategic Accounts team. These positions will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area working out of our Santa Clara Headquarters. As a thought leader and solution advisor, this resource will be responsible for the translation of our customer’s technical needs, end-user scenarios, and business goals into proposals for Quali's product and service solutions. This resource will be working with and leveraging Quali’s engineering teams and expertise to formulate cost effective solutions and the best benefit to our customers and Quali.
- Partner with sales managers to identify customer influencers and decision makers in order to build and maintain customer relationships such that Quali is their partner of choice for technology solutions.
- Perform customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions. May require conducting technical whiteboard sessions to evaluate and make recommendations to translate a customer’s technical requirements to a solution.
- Drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for Quali's solutions.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to all levels from Engineering and IT to C-level executives.
- Identify all technical hurdles of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Coordinate with post-sales team to ensure smooth transition to implementation phase of project.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Creative thinker with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-disciplined, self-starter who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight
- Minimum 5 years proven experience as a Software, Systems or Sales Engineer supporting demos, POCs, development, maintenance, and enhancement of complex and diverse software systems
- Practical experience with one or more storage solutions from EMC, NetApp, Hitachi DS, or HP
- Development skills in Python.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues on a wide range of network, server, and storage hardware using a combination of background experience, reference guides, manuals and web posts
- Strong understanding of systems architecture and integration.
- Practical experience loading operating systems onto servers (Windows, Linux, etc.) and network devices (i.e. Cisco IOS, JUNOS, etc.)
- Experience with VMware’s various products, such as: ESXi, vCetner,vROPS, vCAC, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
Nice to Have
- Development skills in one or more: Java, C++, C#; scripting skills in one or more: Ruby, TCL, Perl, shell.
- Understanding and working knowledge when interacting with databases, such as Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Working experience with one or more of the following a plus: JIRA, Confluence, git, SVN, Jenkins, Hudson, TestRail
- Familiarity with code development processes, continuous integration and agile methodologies a plus
- Experience developing automation to orchestrate disparate systems