Quali provides the leading platform for Infrastructure Automation at Scale. Global 2000 enterprises and innovators everywhere rely on Quali’s award-winning CloudShell platform to create self-service, on-demand automation solutions that increase engineering productivity, cut cloud costs, and optimize infrastructure utilization.
Quali is looking to hire a VP of Strategic Business Development in either Austin, TX or Santa Clara, CA to develop and foster strategic business opportunities with partners and industry leaders in the DevOps and Infrastructure ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have a strategic business development experience as well as a deep understanding of the solution ecosystem. He or she will be ambitious, self-driven and aggressive with an intense hunger for success and a desire for having a high impact in the organization.
The VP of Strategic Business Development will report to the CEO of the company. Working closely with the entire executive team, he or she will act as a thought leader across the executive team to drive critical business decisions and strategy.
- Track technological and business trends in the DevOps and Infrastructure ecosystem that could provide new strategic opportunities to Quali
- Identify trends and develop strategic frameworks and competitive landscape maps
- Evaluate and create business cases for strategic partnerships based on revenue synergies, product synergies and market opportunities
- Establish and nurture relationships with strategic technology and ecosystem partners
- Collaborate with the executive team to ensure strategic alignment across the organization
- Define, monitor, analyze and report on key business strategy goals and metrics
- Work closely with the CEO, CPO, CTO and CRO to create new business opportunities with Go To Market strategies
- Work closely with the CEO, CFO and CRO to develop longer-term financial and operating metrics to improve business performance
- An Individual contributor with a high degree of strategy, business, process, technical, and financial acumen to plan and drive Quali's corporate strategy
- Creative strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, business judgment and attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to make complex concepts simple and understandable, and present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives
- A team player. Be able to work collaboratively and effectively with other people at all levels
- Excellent presentation, with the ability to distill complex analyses into executive-level insights and recommendations
- 7 years of relevant prior work experience in either management consulting, financial and business planning, corporate development, investment banking and/or private equity
- Working experience of bringing IT innovation from the ideation to revenue
- Broad understanding of DevOps and Infrastructure markets and technologies
- Technical Degree (Computer Engineering, Computer Science) or MBA highly preferred.
- 50% travel (when conditions permit)
Other Personal Characteristics and Values
- High level strategic thought processes
- Ability to work independently, as well as cross functionally, to accomplish required goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where there are high performance expectations
- Organizational leadership skill; aggressive in achieving results, yet sensitive to the need for communicating effectively with other members of the team
- Self-achievement; a strong drive to win
- Commitment to high standards of excellence and integrity