Quali Achieves Record Revenue for Year and Quarter, Signs Several Fortune 1,000 Customers
CloudShell Sandbox Business Experienced 88 Percent CAGR Growth for Monthly Recurring Revenue
SANTA CLARA, Calif., January 22, 2018 -- Quali, the leader in sandbox software for cloud and DevOps automation, has continued to gain traction with enterprises, telcos and cloud providers adopting its CloudShell sandbox automation and orchestration software to speed up innovation and digitization initiatives worldwide. In its third year since becoming generally available, Quali’s flagship solution, CloudShell has accumulated over 150 Fortune 1000 customers. Q4 of 2017 was the highest revenue quarter in the company’s history.
Highlights from 2017 include:
Product and Engineering Innovations
- Introduced CloudShell Virtual Edition (VE) targeted towards application developers and focused on virtualized infrastructure on any single public or private cloud
- Introduced second generation “shells” – a revolutionary approach to extensible development that dramatically reduces time to value by providing Quali customers and partners the ability to extend CloudShell capability.
- CloudShell Pro, the company flagship offering added a number of capabilities to differentiate itself in full-stack environments that required physical integration
- Record year with 88 percent CAGR in CloudShell subscription Monthly Recurring Revenue
- Record quarter with over 55 percent QoQ growth with a near even split between service provider and enterprise growth.
- New business growth contributed to 25 percent year over year, leading to a 10 percent increase in its sales and R&D headcount
- Company shifted from perpetual to subscription revenue, resulting in over 75 percent of contracts being subscription based and an over 95 percent renewal rate
- Won five new Fortune 1,000 customers in Q4
- The company has three of the top five financial services customers, 8 out of top 10 telcos, three of the top five public cloud providers with repeatable momentum in its enterprise business
- Quali’s CloudShell VE trial was launched in August and trial engagements grew over 300 percent month on month targeting application owners and DevOps architects. Complex environments can be set up in an hour or less providing concepts very quickly
- Won nine awards in the areas of cloud management, automation, DevOps, security and startup innovation including the “Best of VMworld” finalist and the Red Herring Global 100
- New partnerships and product integrations in 2017 included those with AWS, CA Technologies, Oracle Cloud, JFrog and CGI Tower
- More than 1,300 decision makers responded to Quali’s DevOps and Cloud survey the results of which will be published shortly
“I am very pleased with the business momentum and growth we achieved in 2017,” said Lior Koriat, CEO of Quali. “Our go-to-market strategy is working well and our value proposition is resonating highly with both our existing and new customers with faster innovation and productivity increases and huge cost and efficiency improvements. We are addressing more use-cases with dynamic cloud sandbox environments being served as a multi-cloud solution. The company expects to continue high growth in 2018 with an increasing number of greater than $1M annual software subscription contracts. We are expanding sales and marketing teams as well as customer support and success organizations to further accelerate market and business momentum.”
“Quali’s Hybrid cloud sandboxes with public cloud support for providers like Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure can be a very powerful tool to accelerate cloud adoption with reduced risk and lower cost,” said William Fellows, VP Research and Founder at 451 Research. “It’s a DevOps-friendly way to reduce hybrid cloud speed bumps.”
"Our dev/test teams are the backbone of Fujitsu’s engineering organization,” said Jim Wharton, Senior Manager System Verification Test at Fujitsu. “CloudShell is a key component to help us increase efficiency of our labs for our dev/test teams, allowing our top innovators to improve their productivity and efficiency with the lab-as-a-service offering.”
In 2017 Quali won several deals in the following areas:
- Infrastructure Automation - Quali’s ability to manage and orchestrate full-stack environments contributed to several deal wins – particularly with on-premise datacenter and lab environments, to reserve resources, model complex blueprints and to deliver it as-as-a-service – contributed to several deal wins. This allowed customers to better manage their infrastructure, increase efficiency and lower costs while making their teams more productive and accelerating time to market
- Cloud and DevOps Automation – The need to innovate faster with reduced risk drove adoption of Quali’s automated sandbox environments for DevOps and cloud. CloudShell won deals to manage environments on any cloud with end-to-end automation and orchestration, differentiated in its ability to spin up and spin down environments on public, private or hybrid clouds. This allowed CloudShell to participate in key digitization initiatives for global companies increasing their innovation funnel
- Cyber Ranges – The increased threat of cyber security attacks fueled cyber range environments for modeling complex environments for security posture evaluation, training, certification and compliance. Quali won deals globally for cyber ranges in the areas of defense, education and security-focused enterprises
- Read Quali’s latest blog on a record-setting year.
Quali is the leading provider of enterprise sandbox software for cloud and DevOps automation. With its flagship CloudShell platform and blueprint-based approach, Quali gives Dev/Test teams, sales and support professionals, as well as architects, access to on-demand, self-service replicas of complex production environments that work on private, public and hybrid cloud deployments.
Cloud Providers, Telco, Technology Vendors and Enterprises, and several Fortune 500 and Global 100 customers use Quali software to innovate faster, increase productivity and deliver their products and services to market faster with higher quality and reduced costs. More information about Quali is available at www.quali.com.
Marshall Hampson, Lumina Communications